Life of Megan

Friday, January 21, 2005

Stupid legs

Well, I ran the Phoenix Rock'n'Roll half-marathon back on the 9th, and I have been in pain ever since. Last year, I developed ITBS (iliotibial band syndrome) after running my first (and so-far only) marathon just over a year ago. Back then, I saw a doctor, did some PT, and got better in short order. Grad school knocked me off my running a bit, but I maintained a decent base and was able to build for the HM properly (meaning I increased mileage by no more than 10% per week). I felt great. But the long port-a-potty lines put me off my "mental game" before the race, and I forgot my all important ITBS compression band, which applies pressure to the ITB so that it does not rub against my knee and irritate things.

I have been hurting since, especially after a 7-mile run last week. I finally saw the doctor yesterday and am in line for 12 PT sessions, which start next week. I think I should be good for the Country Music Marathon (Nashville) on Apr. 30, but I just have to take things slowly for now. It's killing me because despite the frigid temps, I really want to be out there. The running bug bit me hard back in November. :-(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home