Life of Megan

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Kitchen Renovation, Day 3

I wanted to start by apologizing for a lack of new photos today. I was going to take some, but it seems that two of my rechargeable batteries have kicked the bucket (the recharger gives its ominous blinking "recharge failing" code no matter which slot I put these two into, and the others charge fine in all slots). My camera is a battery hog, and I can't find any other AA batteries. So you'll have to give me time to buy replacements. =)

All the backer board is now installed, and the doors to our Butler's Pantry were shortened so that they will still open after the tile is installed. A bonus to this is that Matt completed my project to even up the tongue-and-groove boards that were sliding on the door--that's one that I'd been hoping to get around to for 2 years! Both doors are now installed, and they look great.

All our wiring is now hot and working. The labels in our circuit-breaker box are now mysteriously accurate. The old 220 V connection for the old electric stove has been dropped back to the basement and set up as a plug for an electric dryer. All the mudding is finished, and we have a nice, smooth ceiling.

Judson bought our under-cabinet lights. We decided on our new windows.

I think that tomorrow, the base cabinet installation starts, but I'm not really sure. I think it's a little more fun to come home to a big surprise.

Dinner tonight was Sindbad. I had half a chicken pita and some zaatar bread.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home