Life of Megan

Saturday, April 16, 2005

Ithaca embraces the spring

This is the first time in the last eight years that I've been able to enjoy Spring and run outside without being rashy and miserable. While there's pollen about, it hasn't formed a thick yellow sheet over everything, and there are no stinky Bradford pear trees to avoid. Meanwhile, our weather has been an ideal 55-65 F, the sun's been out, and the snow's been gone for a few weeks.

My friend Mike (Jud's roommate) just created a blog that really shows off the Finger Lakes area. Mike is one of these people who really does a good job with his hobbies, and as hiking, photography, and GPS tracking have all caught his interest lately, the blog is informative and beautiful. Best of all, it is actually representative of the area around me, and not some sugar-coating from a few nice spots on a handful of good days.

And now I'm going running.

3 Comments:

  • I LOVE SPRING! It's just a bit warmer, a bit stinkier (we have Bradford pears), and a bit pollenier here, but I love it. I've held class outside twice now, and my running buddy and I run outside as long as it's not raining. It's WONDERFUL. And it's about durn time.

    By Blogger RebeccaP, at 3:25 PM  

  • You have to try running in the rain!!! It's refreshing, reminds you of being a kid, and washes away all that pollen. It's not good to run if it looks like the rain may stop while you're out, but otherwise, go for it!

    By Blogger megan, at 11:02 PM  

  • I actually love running in the rain. It just has to be warm rain. The spring rains here are just a little too chilly for me - but give me a good summer downpour any day!

    By Blogger RebeccaP, at 6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home