Life of Megan

Thursday, October 02, 2008

Kitchen Renovation, Day 4

Oh it's beginning to look a lot like kitchen,
Everywhere you go.
Take a look at the lazy Susan,
Revolving at a whim:
It's where our pots and pans and things will go!

Now that I've planted that ear worm, let's talk about my kitchen. As you may have guessed, our kitchen is starting to look like a kitchen again! What brought this about? Base cabinets!!!

I had a busy but satisfying day at work. I had arrived there early (7:30) so that I could leave early, giving me time to run and to take a quick shower before going to Hang Time at Red Feet Wine Market around 6:00. I believe I pulled into our driveway around 5:30. I practically ran to the front door. I bounded up the steps into the kitchen. And then I stopped dead in my tracks, mouth agape, just thinking "Wow."

Back right corner of the kitchen; the opening is for the stove.


Front of the kitchen; the opening is for the dishwasher.


Front of the kitchen from a different angle.


Back of the kitchen; the stove will sit at the other side of the lazy Susan.


Front corner of the kitchen. The dishwasher goes on the other side of the lazy Susan. The lightbulb is related to the under-cabinet lights; it's controlled by the other new switch.


Today, Matt also checked out our toilet to make sure that it wasn't responsible for our ceiling damage and resealed it, just in case. The toilet probably wasn't leaking, but this adds a little insurance. The real problem (as I had suspected) is that the wood in that area is damaged from years of slow leaks, and that's not a simple fix. So we have another project for the future.

Matt extended our boiler stack thingie (as you can tell, I'm not really sure what it is) so that snow and ice won't easily fall into it. Yay!

And stuff in the basement suggests he is ready to install the gas line. Also, he told Judson that he wanted to install the gas line soon.

We will definitely be painting this weekend. I know it may seem unconventional to paint after installing some of the cabinets, but this allowed us to get a templating appointment early next week, and masking isn't really *that* terrible.

We lost our baseboard for the cabinet installation, and because of how that stuff is nailed into place, much of it got harmed when it was being removed. Also, it was painted. So we'll be getting new baseboard in the areas that do not have cabinets. Should we go with a natural wood tone, or should we paint it? If we go natural, what wood/stain?

Dinner tonight was Viva. It's Ithaca's version of Super Taco. (Shoutout to my Clemson buddies!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home