Life of Megan

Friday, January 28, 2005

I want my Jetson car!

Yesterday, I shoveled and kicked and picked at ice for forty minutes trying to free my car, which I had been forced to park in a snowy spot on a downward slope a few days earlier. The air was really dry, so my asthma was bad, and I ended up calling Jud to have him pick me up. I felt like a complete failure, but I was determined not to let the snow beat me the next time.

Today, I went home early to attack the snow. This time I had remembered to stock my bags of salt at my apartment (they had been rather useless in Jud's car's trunk), and it was still light out. I worked for an hour. It was too cold for the salt to help much, but it did seem to give me some much needed traction. Finally, some guy came out and pushed while I slammed it into reverse, and we got me free.

I suppose I'll improve as I park more often in snow (or at least learn to shovel immediately). In the meantime, I want my flying-saucer car! We'd only have to dig out three small points, and we'd never have to worry about whether the roads had been plowed and salted. The engineers of the 60's and 70's have completely failed us. ><

At least several R&D divisions are working on this project now.

2 Comments:

  • OR (are you ready for this?) OR you could just move back to the Southland, where it's warm and happy and fairly snow-free. And when the occasional inch or two of white fluffy stuff hits, you'll be more than well equipped to handle it.

    By Blogger RebeccaP, at 10:29 AM  

  • No way! It's too hot in the summer down there. If I become wealthy enough to have two houses, I may consider it. I don't mind the cold, and I like the ability to do winter sports. Besides, the South gets ice *shudder*.

    Ask me again in a few years. ;-)

    By Blogger megan, at 12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home