Life of Megan

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Soon to have a furry family member

It turns out that Krista is a fabulous dog. She's sweet and young and energetic, but she's still pretty mellow inside. She's pretty darn cute. She's housebroken, and she's smart, and she's even spayed already.

And she'll be ours on Friday!

Photo stolen from the Cayuga Dog Rescue.


Judson and I are both really excited about welcoming Krista into her home. We've been amassing lists of things we need to buy to make her feel welcome. Today, we got a few essentials, like a nice big crate for her. My coworkers are pitching in with some of their old pet supplies that turned out to be bad matches for their own pets (like a Gentle Leader that continued to torment one dog, and a brush that's great for a short-haired dog but terrible for a Shelty). We'll be making a big trip to Ithaca Pet and Grain Supply to fill out our list tomorrow.

I am reading Patricia McConnell's The Other End of the Leash as a sort of crash-course on dog behavior. It came highly recommended from the Dog Rescue Folks.

We are busily trying to compile a list of rules and commands so that we can be consistent with our new friend. In truth, it's all a little overwhelming, but I think we'll do a good job.

Friday feels like it's so far away.

1 Comments:

  • 1000 facebook likes
    buy facebook likes

    http://www.gpucomputing.net/?q=node/69 http://www.cdapress.com/news/business/article_980d4e52-05d9-5306-8166-02a2f912df2a.html
    get facebook likes facebook likes 1000 facebook likes
    o.k. this thing called security tool kept popping up and telling me all these viruses I had on the computer. Well now it completely blanked out my screen making it the only thing visible and everytime I try presing Ctrl + Alt + Delete to go to my task manager it blocks it off with a virus pop up!!! The only way i'm on the internet right now is because I went threw start... PLEASE help me, there is absolutly no way for me to get this of my computer! Now it says it has a firewall up that blocks my internet. This is doing more harm then good as you see obviously.

    facebook likes get facebook likes [url=http://1000fbfans.info]1000 facebook likes [/url] buy facebook likes

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home