Life of Megan

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Bicycle!

I picked up my bike this afternoon, learned how to use all the quick adjustment features, discovered I get a free tune up in 30-90 days, and headed off down the road. Jud came over so that he could ride with me. I am still having trouble getting started quickly (one of the problems with a properly fit bike is that you have to lean considerably to have one foot on the ground). It's easy if there's a curb nearby (which is the case around campus), or if the ground is flat/downhill, but otherwise, I'm doing my best not to wander into traffic.

Anyhow, Jud and I rode back to his apartment via a recreational trail (no cars), and I had so much fun that despite achy quads I went out for twenty minutes once we arrived. Poor quads... Running doesn't use you enough.

My butt is a little sore, but the seat is one of the most comfortable I've tried. I will buy a good pair of bike shorts if I find that it's a problem for short cross-training outings.

Tomorrow, I promised my friend/labmate Baskar that he could come running with me, so that should be interesting. At least I'll have someone to talk to for a change!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home