Life of Megan

Friday, June 24, 2005

Linguistic profile

Okay, this is not a scientific test, but here are the results:


Your Linguistic Profile:



55% General American English

35% Yankee

5% Dixie

5% Upper Midwestern

0% Midwestern


I have no idea how I could spend most of my life in the South and come out with these results or how my parents, who are both from Ohio, haven't influenced my speach more. I would venture a guess that 1) I rapidly adopted to the Ithacan dialect and/or 2) it has something to do with learning to talk in Massachusetts and spending a lot of my time reading. Whatever. It's sort of interesting just the same. And what group of people has a name for the day before Halloween?

3 Comments:

  • 60% General American English
    15% Dixie
    15% Yankee
    5% Midwestern
    5% Upper Midwestern

    Megan's Mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:49 PM  

  • 55% General American English
    30% Yankee
    15% Dixie
    0% Midwestern
    0% Upper Midwestern

    Laura

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:53 PM  

  • 70% General American English
    25% Dixie
    5% Upper Midwestern
    0% Midwestern
    0% Yankee

    Its me Adam!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home