Life of Megan

Friday, May 20, 2005

My mom can officially torture people!

My mom spends so much time at the Y that they finally offered her a job there. She's one of these inspirational people who you expect to see on Oprah or Dr. Phil talking about how she lost a lot of weight (I have lost count, but it's more than 150 lbs!) the old-fashioned way. Her progress is so evident that I can't go to the Y in Rock Hill without someone coming up to me and saying: "Are you Lynn Thompson's daughter? I have to tell you how great your mom is... She's a complete inspiration..." It's always good to hear, even if it's a little scary that I look so much like my mom that I can be identified as her daughter by complete strangers.

At any rate, she started advising/exercising with people who have recently undergone gastric bypass surgery and started taking the Y's class to become a personal trainer. Last week she passed her test and began teaching aqua aerobics classes. This means that I now get emails that say: "Meggie, who do I complain to when the instructor kicks my butt, and I'm the instructor?!"

But I think it's a good thing. Not only am I sure she's a good instructor, but I think it's good for the class attendees to see a normal person in the front of the room/yelling at them from the pool.

Way to go, Mom!

1 Comments:

  • Yay for Megan's Mom!

    Seriously, congratulations. That's an amazing accomplishment. Have fun storming the Y!

    By Blogger RebeccaP, at 9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home