Life of Megan

Monday, May 16, 2005

Running club

Last week, Baskar asked if he could accompany me on my run, and it turned out to be fun. Today, Badri joined the two of us. So it seems I have running partners. We went about five miles around the Cornell plantations (I say about because it took me a while to realize you have to start the Garmin forerunner timer for it to track your distance and pace and whatnot).

So now I have a very small, nerdy running club, and I'm pretty happy about it. I don't mind having company/competition on my runs as long as they aren't holding back too much to stay with me, and it adds legitimacy to my time outside of the lab.

The Garmin is cool, but I discovered I only have one computer which I can use for linking the device with the logging software. My laptop doesn't have a serial port, and my personal desktop doesn't have Windows. Ah, well. Such is life sometimes. I think it'd be possible to find a USB/serial converter somewhere.

Tomorrow I'm either going for a short but continuous run or for some nice time on the bike. Woohoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home