Life of Megan

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

For all of you who need updates

I'm sorry I haven't posted for a while. I've been pretty busy with school, the wedding, and life in general since I got back from Martha's Vineyard.

Here's what's happened since then:
  • Isabelle returned to France. =(
  • I had a few more medical tests to find the source of my smurfiness.
  • All the tests confirmed that I am in excellent health.
  • I started doing a lot more wedding planning and hope to get the skeleton of a wedding website up on my Cornell space soon.
  • I'm back to running. =)
  • I've had a magnificent Alsace Grand Cru gewurztraminer. It was absolutely sublime.
  • I discovered another fabulous winery in the Finger Lakes.
  • I finished the loan process to buy my car from my father. I could have paid for it outright, but because of the interest rate I was able to get and the rate of return on my investments, it is better economically to get the loan. People tell me it's good for my credit rating, but I found out that my credit rating is already excellent. I think there's something fishy about the banks' statements that you need to be in debt to prove you can pay it off responsibly.
We still don't know what's causing my lips to turn blue when I go for long and/or hard runs. The doctors now seem to think that it may just be a strange variation of a benign phenomenon called Reynaud's disease or that it's something related to my migraines. I have learned in this whole process that arterial blood gas tests really hurt. They feel like something between a broken bone and a tetanus shot. My whole wrist it bruised and aches frequently. I also learned that I may have set a new endurance record for the stress test. Of course, my competition is mainly middle-aged people in poor health, but I'll take what I can get.

Finally, wedding plans are going pretty well. I mentioned that I was able to reserve the chapel a few weeks ago. Here you can see some pictures of it:




I am taking suggestions for wedding cake flavors! Just post them as comments. =) If you need flavor suggestions, check out this bakery.

So that just about wraps up my update. Things should calm down a little in the next few weeks.

1 Comments:

  • Wedding cakes come in different flavors?

    Seriously, I've been to so few I just figured they were all the same.

    I've always been a fan of red velvet cake with cream cheese icing. Can we do that?

    -Dave

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home