Life of Megan

Monday, October 06, 2008

Kitchen Renovation, Day 8

Here's what I saw when I came home:

Except that I didn't see the under-cabinet lights for at least an hour, and I didn't notice the paint problem in the bottom left corner where the oven will go until I uploaded these pictures. My guess is that the spackle wasn't completely dry, so the primer didn't adhere well there. We'll just cut that out, prime, and repaint.

I think my thoughts went: "Wall cabinets! I'm so cold! Wall Cabinets! Ooh, outlet and switch plates. The walls are less shiny. I should look in the cabinets!"

Yes, there were that many exclamation points.

Here's the front corner. We don't really know why Matt didn't get around to the hardware there--but that stuff can be a lot more time-consuming than it looks.





Eventually, I noticed that our under-cabinet lights were installed. It occurred to me to check whether they were wired. They were! It turns out that lit under-cabinet lights are difficult to photograph. Here are the best results.





The templaters are coming on Wednesday, and our new appliances are being delivered on Thursday. Hooray!

2 Comments:

  • Ooooh! Pretty!

    By Blogger adam, at 11:45 PM  

  • Looks great, Little.

    I have noticed how clean Matt leaves the place which is a very big added plus.

    I am very impressed with the progress that has been made!

    By Blogger Jay, at 11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home