Life of Megan

Sunday, February 22, 2009

zomg Update!

Wow, I can't believe how many days I let slide between blog postings. To anyone who actually reads my blog, I apologize.

Krista is sleeping near my feet in a most unladylike position. Ah, to be a dog. I took her to the South Hill Rec Way and ran three miles with her today. It went pretty well. She doesn't pull as badly when I am running, and the Rec Way doesn't see too much foot traffic, so there weren't too many distractions. Krista and I made pretty good progress for the first half. I think she was pretty tired for the second half, and it was a lot slower. She spent more time sniffing stuff. Paradoxically, the more tired she got, the harder she pulled. I think she just wanted to get back to the car so she could drink some water and sleep as soon as possible. She has been an extremely pleasant dog since her run. I'll have to try this more often.

Fortunately, our days are getting longer, so I'll be able to do this for my daily runs soon.

We are the lucky recipients of free dog training thanks to our mad connections. Susan Wiser, with the Cayuga Dog Rescue, is a wonderful person who mentioned us to an associate who is pursuing becoming a Certified Dog Trainer. This certification requires something like case studies or field work, and we get to be one of those cases. We are looking forward to professional help when it comes to Krista's food possessiveness and with helping Krista be a more patient, less distracted dog when we're outside.

Judson and I went and played Bridge at the Ithaca Bridge Club (League?) last Tuesday. As it happened, one of my coworkers had showed up for the evening, and he became my partner. We all had a blast and are looking forward to playing more bridge.

Work has been fun, fulfilling, stressful, and busy. I have no complaints.

My running is going well. I am officially in training for the Flying Pig Half Marathon (in Cincinnatti). The first two weeks have gone well. If all goes as planned next week, I will have managed 200 miles in the first two months of 2009. I guess this is nothing spectacular, but it's a fairly high running load for me.

I need to buy some new shoes soon.

That's about all I know for now. I should get back to watching the Oscars.

1 Comments:

  • Just catching up on email and Audrey said to check out your nre family member. She is awesome...hope you are having fun. Sailor wants to know if she will come to visit this summer????

    Aunt D

    By Blogger Dianne, at 12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home