Life of Megan

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Hooray for left-handed desks!

One time in my life, being left-handed with a name at the end of the alphabet has paid off. Because I am left-handed, I was able to get an aisle seat in my wines class. Because my last name starts with 'T', I am in row 'E'. Alphabetically, which is how the seat assignments were made (excluding lefties and other special needs people), I would have been placed in seat Y27. If I had been the first lefty, I would have been stuck in the first row. The combination of these two factors has given me one of the best seats in the auditorium (or so I think now, before I've seen the actual seat). Hooray! It would only be better if I could have Jud sitting next to me.

In other news, I gave blood today, and they actually got my vein on the first try. This was also the case the only other time I've given blood since I've been in Ithaca. I never had a good donation experience in South Carolina (or even the one time I tried to give blood in Virginia). Most of the time, they would put the needle in, and then spend about five minutes moving it around. This was generally followed by giving up on that vein and changing arms. Ugh. Maybe the key is to be far from a "teaching" center.

In more unrelated news, we are supposed to get above freezing tomorrow!!! Hooray!

It's been an all-around banner day. ^^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home