Life of Megan

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Wine class update

Well, wines was fun today. I didn't have as good a seat as I wanted, but it worked out pretty well. I am five rows back (as expected) next to the left wall (as I was hoping against). But I can see well, and I have plenty of room to my left for all of my stuff.

Today we focused mainly on how wine is made and on how to identify the major components in wine by smell, appearance, texture, and taste. The highlight of the class for me was when I smelled one sample and thought "this doesn't really smell like anything." Then, I found out that I was smelling the sample just fine. The big learning experience was that wine can taste like vanilla. Interesting.

Next week we actually start taking our tour of the world of wines, and I can't wait. I just wish it was easier to balance a tray with samples and to take notes at the same time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home