Life of Megan

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Random musings, Wednesday morning

My brother restarted his blog, with a new music theme. It's been pretty entertaining so far. He is nice enough to give suggestions. I am not sure how I feel about it because it will probably drive me to spend more on music then I would like.

I have been watching American Idol this year. I no longer mute the contestants while they sing, though sometimes I want to. They are down to six contestants, and last night's theme was great love songs, or something like that. I was a bit skeptical at first because I saw a quick chat with Celine Dion, but aside from not liking any of the songs except the one that was completely butchered, it wasn't that bad.

Here's who I think will be in the bottom three:
  • Kellie:Her "Unchained Melody" completely lacked passion and sounded funky. I don't think she was ever really on key. She's a big crowd favorite, but I don't think most will appreciate her sentiment that the pottery scene in Ghost was so "cute and sweet." Her naivety, whether it's real or just a marketing ploy, is really getting old
  • Elliott: He was great, but he's never come across as having much of a personality. Last night was a little better, but I don't have a lot of faith that he'll avoid the bottom three
  • Paris: She was fabulous, but she sang a song that many people don't like, and she rubs a lot of others the wrong way.
Here's who I think should be in the bottom three:
  • Kellie
  • Katherine: She has a strong voice, but she stretched it too much yesterday. I think she'll avoid the bottom three because she has a very strong following; she normally has a strong voice; and she's gorgeous
  • Taylor: He's usually strong, but his performance last night was tired and rightly compared to karaoke and bar acts.
I'd like to be optimistic and say Kellie will go home today, but I honestly can't read this show very well.

In Cold Blood is a fantastic book so far.

Pandora has figured out that I'm a nerd and has started playing nerd-rock on my Queen channel and nerd-rap on my Blackalicious channel. =( I also got some French selections yesterday. =)

That's it: I told you it'd be random.

1 Comments:

  • Well, fair enough--I did intentionally add They Might Be Giants to my rock station, and they and bands like Weezer are often regarded as "nerd rock" bands... But what I meant was that I was getting a lot of songs about nerds--you know, about D&D and calculus and stuff. And liking TMBG's quirky style and lyrics and wanting to listen to songs about calculus are two different matters...

    By Blogger megan, at 9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home