Life of Megan

Friday, April 14, 2006

Good quotes today

I have the personalized Google page set as my homepage, and along with the news and my email and some other things, I have four quotes of the day. Here are two from today:
Where is human nature so weak as in the bookstore?
- Henry Ward Beecher
Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example.
- Mark Twain

I couldn't have said either better myself. =)

I have been thoroughly enjoying Like Water for Chocolate and am up to "July." I'll probably finish it this weekend. I encourage everyone to give it a read. It's romantic, whimsical, has a wonderful lyrical style, and the characters seem so full and three-dimensional, despite the fact that not much time is spent thoroughly describing them (situational characterization--woo!). The magical realism is a little strange, but I am really enjoying these bits of magic in the otherwise realistic story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home