Life of Megan

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Go me!

Sheesh, having a dog changes everything. Well, having a dog and playing bridge. It seems I have little time for much else these days. I suppose there's work, sleeping, eating, cooking, and running, but I figure that all activities necessary to support life don't count. Apparently, I have also decided to eschew whole sentences. Freaky!

Anyhow, this morning, when I stepped on the scale, I had to rub my eyes twice, because there was the number I'd been waiting to see for the last month or so: 138. My goal weight. A number I hadn't seen on my own scale since somewhere toward December 2003, when I was running a marathon, graduating from college, 750 miles away from Judson, and subsisting on college-kid fare. I suppose most women my height would aim for a smaller weight, but with a BMI of 23 and a medium-large frame, I think I've hit an ideal. And I'm wearing size 6 jeans. Woohoo!

For me, losing the weight was just something I did. I found a site that worked for me, Calorie Count, and I followed the simple equation of eating fewer calories than I burned. I usually had a 750-calorie deficit, though that number dropped closer to 500 as I approached my goal weight. I lost around 1.5 lbs per week, as predicted, except over a month near the holidays, when I lost just 0.25-0.5 lb/week (and also didn't really track anything). I am sure that my running made this all much easier, chiefly because I enjoy eating.

Now, I face the much more daunting task of keeping the weight off while making sure to eat enough to stop losing.

But that's a nice challenge, and one I'm proud to accept.

Wahoo!!! Me!!!

4 Comments:

  • YIPPEE!! I am doing the happy dance for you! I am so proud of what you have accomplished on your own. You set a goal, made a plan and stuck to it! Way to go Megan. I will be happy to pay for a pedicure and a matching bra and panties set to help you celebrate. I am sure you are much too sexy to be wearing mismatched under garments :)

    By Blogger Lynn Thompson, at 9:24 PM  

  • Hey, wow! GO YOU!!! that is absolutely GREAT. Congratulations! :)

    By Blogger amelia, at 10:45 PM  

  • Congrats Meggie!!! :)

    And gross, mom.

    By Blogger adam, at 5:48 PM  

  • I will accept your money, even though I'm a little hurt that you apparently think I'm that much of a hobo. Strangely enough, I received a Victoria's Secret catalog (the first I've seen in months) the same day I had my glorious weigh-in.

    By Blogger megan, at 12:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home