Life of Megan

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Continued adventure with ITBS

It's raining here today, and while you would think that would put my desire to run on the back burner, but you would be wrong. Running in the rain is fun. I was thinking about that while my feet were being plastered and carefully positioned this morning. We now have a mold of my feet in a "neutral position" which should be the basis for custom orthotics that should be ready in a few weeks. The hope is that these new, super-tough orthotics will be able to support my feet in the correct position on their own. That would be really nice because it would let me shift down to a regular stability shoe and would theoretically alleviate all my knee/ankle problems. In the meantime, I now get to incorporate mini-squats into my ITBS strengthening program. I get the feeling it will take quite some time to be fully recuperated. I do have a pool schedule now, so that's something...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home