Life of Megan

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Wine, etc.

Aside from giving up on tickets to see Jon Stewart on campus, I had a pretty good day. There was a lunch meeting for all the Ph.D. students in my field to discuss the results of the graduate school survey and to talk about an upcoming campus visit for prospective students (the first in many years), and I got to meet a lot of the other students in my department. It seems some of them meet regularly to do a variety of sports, so I'm pretty excited about that. I found out what was going on with the students who took me out to lunch when I visited school last year, and that was really nice. I'm hoping to do more stuff with them.

Then there was the wines class, which is always fun. Today we got to do wines of California, and because of some good connections with former students, we were able to taste some really good ones. My favorites were a Viognier (can't remember who made it right now) and a Pinot Noir from a winery in the Russian River Valley. I don't think I really like Chardonnay or Fume Blanc (modeled off the Pouilly Fume of France). We did try a pleasant generic wine made by the E. & J. Gallo. It's not for special occasions but would be nice for something cheap like pizza.

I might add more details later, but I'm getting tired, and I have to get some more work done for a presentation tomorrow. *sigh* Grad school is hard...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home