Life of Megan

Thursday, October 09, 2008

Kitchen Renovation, Day 11

Today, the floor was finished, and our appliances arrived (except for the microwave, which I forgot to mention was on backorder). Plus, Matt installed our prodigal wall cabinet. Oh, and he put on the toekicks. Our floor was finished with a nice, angular piece of oak (I think) at the threshold to the dining room, and there is another nice oak piece at the top of the steps. I suppose I should take pictures of these, but that may give me something to do tomorrow when there probably won't be anything to report.

Oh, and I'm sorry about the lighting in some of these shots. I probably should have turned on the undercabinet lights.

The back corner. As you can tell, we cooked our first meal on our new stove tonight!

The front wall. The dishwasher installation will be completed once the sink is installed.

The front corner. Doesn't that extra cabinet help the kitchen look finished, even without a door?

Another shot of that corner.

I think we can all agree that we ought to splurge for a new fridge to complete the look.

The finished floor!

Dinner was a potato, onion, pepper, garlic, and egg hash, which Judson was nice enough to start cooking while I was out running.

3 Comments:

  • The kitchen looks GREAT!! I am very impressed with everything - cabinets, floor, appliances and paint. The place not only looks a lot better, but also appears that it will be quite functional.

    :-)
    Papa

    By Blogger Jay, at 5:03 AM  

  • More pictures....more pictures....more pictures....

    LOOKS Great!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:23 PM  

  • Hye! I'm not anonymous!

    By Blogger Audrey, at 3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home