Life of Megan

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Alanis Morisette would think it's ironic.

I am actually following a training plan for the Flying Pig Half Marathon. It's an intermediate plan, which means that I actually have speed workouts for a change.

My speed workouts are slated for Wednesdays. This way, I can have maintenance runs on Tues and Thurs, a long run on Sat, and a recovery run on Sun. Mondays and Fridays are off days, which works out really well with my work schedule.

Every Wednesday since I've started this plan, the weather has been miserable. Generally, it is very windy (15+ mph) and/or precipitating. This week looked to be no different, so I wisely chose to do my mile repeats yesterday.

It actually wasn't too bad today. I missed the rain, or the rain missed us. And it was certainly gusty, but the wind wasn't as bad as expected.

Now I see the forecast for Saturday (I have a 13-miler scheduled) is somewhat icky temps plus 22 mph winds. It's really hard for me to do my long runs on Sunday because I usually play board games late morning - 2 in the afternoon, and I have a hard time getting up early enough to manage food + digestion + 2 hours of running + showering before we meet up.

And this is my peak mileage week, and I am pooped already.

Grr!!!

Please cross your fingers that I'll face calmer winds this weekend. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home