Life of Megan

Monday, February 28, 2005

Nextel, I shake my fist at you

My big complaint with Nextel has always been its bill turn-around time. They issue the statements mid-month, and they're actually due at the end of the month. This means that by the time you receive a statement in the mail, you have about 5 days before it's due. I think this policy was started to encourage people to have their bills paid automatically and to pay online.

I do pay online, and I haven't really had any trouble with it until today. I got my Nextel statement on Thursday. I figured it would be due around Tuesday, so I opened it Sunday evening (having been busy this weekend), and discovered that it was due that day. I tried to pay online, and the site is undergoing maintenance, so I can't. Frustrated and frantic about late fees and credit ratings, I rifled through the bill looking for a late fees policy and noticed that one won't be charged for another 15 days.

Why don't they just say the bill is due on March 15 like a normal company, rather than having this extra grace period? Will this affect my credit? What affects credit ratings in the first place? Why wasn't I taught these things along with the rest of account management when I was in second grade?

Grr...

3 Comments:

  • Hello there megan, I¹m out surfing
    for a good blog experience on wine gift basket
    and found your great site. Although
    Nextel, I shake my fist at you wasn¹t exactly what I¹m
    looking for it certainly got my
    attention and interest. I see now
    why I found your excellent blog-site
    when I was searching for wine gift basket
    related web sites and I¹m glad I
    found your site even though its not
    an exact match. I¹ll leave you with
    a fine wine quote from Ernest Hemingway
    - "Wine is the most civilized thing
    in the world." --Hemingway, Ernest
    Excellent Post, thank you for the read.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:41 PM  

  • megan, today I was looking for a nice blog experience on fine wine online and I found your website. Nextel, I shake my fist at you wasn¹t exactly what I was looking for but it did get my attention and interest. I see why I arrived on your excellent website when I was searching for fine wine online related information and I¹m glad I did even though its not an exact fit. Let me contribute to your website by leaving you with one of my favorite wine quote from Thomas Jefferson: "Good wine is a necessity of life for me." - Thomas Jefferson Informative Post, thanks for the read and nice experience.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:31 AM  

  • megan, today I was looking for a nice blog experience on wine gift basket and I found your website. Nextel, I shake my fist at you wasn¹t exactly what I was looking for but it did get my attention and interest. I see why I arrived on your excellent website when I was searching for wine gift basket related information and I¹m glad I did even though its not an exact fit. Let me contribute to your website by leaving you with one of my favorite wine quote from Thomas Jefferson: "Good wine is a necessity of life for me." - Thomas Jefferson Informative Post, thanks for the read and nice experience.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home