Life of Megan

Saturday, March 05, 2005

Moving on

Well, my new orthotics arrived, and they're nestled cozily in my running shoes. These are some serious foot-positioning devices. They basically consist of a hard plastic shell that goes from the heal to the area where the foot flexes and a soft foam-and-leather cover that goes from the heel to the tip of the toes. My leg alignment is now perfect, and I have noticed that my bruised spot hurts less when I'm wearing them. So once my leg is feeling better from this ice accident, I get to start running again!

I have decided I'm not going to do the Country Music Marathon or Half Marathon. At this point, my leg hurts, and I only have eight weeks to train. I could conceivably walk the half, but where's the fun in that? The only advantage would be seeing my dad. We'll be able to do other races together.

In that vein, I am now planning to do the Wineglass Marathon in early October. Runners start in Bath, NY and end in Corning, NY, just across from the Corning Glass Museum. There are a lot of neat prizes. This year it's being held on October 2. I'm going to use Jeff Galloway's six-month training plan, which means I have a month to get back to the very low running base required at the start of the plan. Galloway is a big run-walk person who virtually guarantees injury-free results, so it seems like a good way to go. I don't mind being slow so long as I'm healthy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home