Life of Megan

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Report from the orthopedist

My leg is definitely not broken. Phew! I have sustained a periosteal contusion (bone bruise) in a painful spot, and apparently, bone bruises tend to take 2-6 weeks to heal. So I'll have some pain for a while, but I won't do any permanent damage by exercising. I aim to hit the elliptical trainer or go for a walk tomorrow and to try a short (15-20 minute) run on Thursday. The doctor told me I probably bruised the area under my knee cap when I fell, which is causing some of my other symptoms. He checked out all the tendons and ligaments in my knee and my range of motion, and it seems my ITBS has subsided and that the rest of my knee is in good shape. All in all, I suppose the visit was unnecessary, but I feel slightly better knowing that it is normal to still be in so much pain.

In other news, I wanted to let everyone who enjoys my weekly wine update know that there won't be one this week. Tomorrow, we are being lectured about "wine in society," which means we will be going to DARE class for college students. I have to admit that I'm a bit curious about my legal responsibilities if I ever host a party, but I feel confident I could have received all the necessary information in a handout. On the other hand, I've noticed that most students are swallowing all the wine we try, which is generally equivalent to two-three glasses. The legal limit is 0.08% here, so maybe it's a good thing to have this talk now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home